Jen’s 2007 Top Ten Books

2007
11.17

someday this painThe 2007 Top Ten list has been posted! You can find it under “Jen’s Yearly Top Ten Lists” on the right hand sidebar, towards the bottom of the RR homepage. Please check it out and let me know what you think. Am I right on the money? Or have I missed/dissed some of your favorites? Please leave a comment and let me know what would have made YOUR top ten of 2007! (Even though I try to love all my Top Ten Books the same, if I had to pick my very favorite, it would have to be Peter Cameron’s angsty YA debut, shown at right.)

13 Responses to “Jen’s 2007 Top Ten Books”

1. Stacy says:

Well…you know that I think that the Wednesday Wars is solidly tween, thank-you-very-much. And I do love a few more on your list… Good on you for keeping this up year after year.

2. s.p. rosoff says:

Love “Tamar”! You are one of the few people I’ve seen who has even mentioned that book. I will check out some of the other ones on your list. I really liked “Such a Pretty Girl” by Laura Wiess, “Extras” by Scott Westerfeld, and “Oblivion Road” by Alex Mcaulay.

3. Jenni says:

Where IS the list? It’s not showing up in the blog post, and I’m dying to see it.

4. Jen Hubert says:

Hi Jenni,

You can find it under “Jen’s Yearly Top Ten Lists” on the right hand sidebar, towards the bottom of the RR homepage. Take a look and let me know what you think!

5. Linda says:

Hi Jen,
    The list is not coming up when clicked on. Looking forward to seeing it.

6. Jen Hubert says:

Well, that’s a problem. It’s working on this end, but I’ll check with my webmaster. In the meantime, here are the titles. There are reviews for all of them on RR, except Bloodsong, which is coming soon.

2007 Top Ten

Brande, Robin. Evolution, Me & Other Freaks of Nature.

Burgess, Melvin. Bloodsong.

Cameron, Peter. Someday This Pain Will Be Useful to You.

Downham, Jenny. Before I Die.

Ellis, Ann Dee. This is What I Did.

Jenkins, A.M. Repossessed.

Juby, Susan. Another Kind of Cowboy.

Lockhart, E. Dramarama.

Peet, Mal. Tamar.

Schmidt, Gary D. The Wednesday Wars.

7. karen hilinski says:

Just to let you know the link is still not working – and its mid- december! Thanks for printing the list, but it is a pain to have to go back and try to find the review for each book.

8. Jen Hubert says:

Karen, try the direct link. I have no idea why it’s not working for you–I’ve clicked on it from different machines (Macs) and it works:

Sorry! I agree, a pain!

9. Emma says:

is there a 2008 or 2009 top ten list? I can’t find one

10. Deb says:

Where is the 2008 top ten list?

11. Jen Hubert says:

Not sure why you can’t see it, Deb. It’s posted right after the others. Maybe try another browser?

12. Becky says:

I also cannot open any of the top ten lists. Clicking on the list, right bottom of RR homepage, sends you right back to this page, which then instructs you to click on the list from the right hand toolbar. Doing so then sends you back here, again.

13. Stephanie says:

I have read two books on the list Cameron, Peter. Someday This Pain Will Be Useful to You and Downham, Jenny. Before I Die. Loved both of them.

Your Reply